Thursday, June 3, 2010

Take Home Lessons From Various Disciplines

If you could summarize in one sentence what is the biggest impact each discipline made on me what would it be?

Here is mine.

Artistic gymnastics. Taught me the importance of perfect technique for all exercises.

Eastern martial arts. Taught me how to use the hips and core for strength.

Bodybuilding. Taught me the classic lifts of weight training and their technique.

Capoeira. Taught me liberation of movement from classical gymnastics and sophistication.

Physiotherapy. Taught me the importance of keeping yourself free from injuries and how.

Strength & Conditioning. Taught me the tools for physical training in a systematic manner.

Kettlebell Lifting. Taught me the value of overhead lifting, endurance and relaxation.

Circular Strength Training. Taught me all of the above combined and more in a systematic manner.

No comments: